International SOS

International SOS provides medical assistance, medical evacuations, and travel assistance as well as assistance for security, political or natural disasters.

What is security evacuation assistance and coordination?

The International SOS Security Division will assist you in the event of threatening situations such as civil and/or political unrest, insurrections, revolution or similar situations by providing information, guidance and resources in the event personal safety and security can no longer be assured.

What should I do in the event of a security emergency?

Contact one of International SOS Alarm centers and a security specialist will assist you.

In the event of death…

International SOS will render all assistance possible to obtain clearances and arrange the transportation for the return of mortal remains.

Will International SOS pay my medical bills?

After approval from your organization, International SOS will guarantee and pay all costs associated with your medical care. You will be expected to assist and cooperate in recovering any expenses which may be covered by group medical insurance plans or individual insurance. International SOS will also medically monitor and evaluate your condition and ongoing medical expenses during your hospitalization.

What happens when I am released from the hospital and still need help?

When your condition is stabilized and International SOS has determined that it is medically advisable to bring you home or to a facility near your permanent residence, International SOS will arrange for the repatriation under medical supervision.

What if local medical facilities are not adequate?

If you are hospitalized in an area where adequate medical facilities are not available, International SOS will evacuate you to a medical facility capable of providing the required care. A physician supervises evacuations, and when necessary, a medical specialist or nurse will accompany you during the evacuation. An air ambulance will be used when required.

What if I am hospitalized?

Call the nearest International SOS Alarm Center. International SOS will immediately take steps to evaluate the care you are receiving and determine what actions must be taken to ensure your safe and speedy recovery.

What if I need prescription medication?

If you require a prescription that a local physician cannot obtain, or you need to replace lost, stolen or depleted medication, International SOS will, when permissible by local law, send the needed medication to you.

What if I need a lawyer while overseas?

Call the nearest International SOS Alarm Center. 

What if I need a doctor?

The International SOS alarm centers are listed on the back of your card. Call the International SOS Alarm Center that is nearest to you for a referral to a doctor who speaks your language.